Its official. Sales volume is the lowest it has been for 16 years 11 months and the market has never been harder to work. Sellers, Buyers and agents… We are all having to adjust, compromise and accept that the days of the boom are well and truly over. And property prices have in fact in some areas come back 10% and some places maybe more. Negativity is so easy to talk about these days when the markets are depressed. Every day we are all hearing about the Credit crisis, banks bailout, tougher lending, house prices and sales fall, car industry crashes, jobs been slashed, and I could go on for a very long time.
These of course are the reality of today but we have to look in hindsight at whats happened prior to bring this about and the fact of the matter is that too many of us are forgetting about is that from 2000 to 2007 there were 7 years where there was the biggest economic growth this world has ever seen. This created jobs in huge amounts businesses were making money without huge expense and effort, many people bought property and in 4 years sold it for double what they paid for it enabling them to buy bigger and better homes and allowing others to get into the market easily at the time. We were all living relatively good lifestyles and many of us were probably living at a level above where we deserved to be.
Reality has hit home but is this a reason to be scared, freak out and stop doing the economic activities we used to do? NO! It’s a time to consolidate definitely and a time to work smarter and stop being lazy. Do you want to be left behind and watch the ones who take action now prosper in ten years time. Are you going to be the one who says, dam I wish I took action when there was time. I sure hope not. There is no reason to worry, it’s time to start opening your eyes up and see whats happening around you. We have seen a major shift in the market place one which few people really expected, homes and property continue to be bought and sold at new levels every day of the year. There are always people who need to sell, and people who need to buy, and so long as there are these 2 people in the market, property will sell. It just won’t sell at prices that where around in 2007.
Housing prices today right now are in many places at a level that has made homes right across the board more affordable. And in my view the key to selling your property in 2009 will be in the ability to show that your home has the best value for money on the market, and attract the right buyers to it, and when you’re buying and selling on the same market you aren’t gaining or losing any of that market change. Don’t be afraid to step up to the mark and make a move.
There are some very good buys out there now. We don’t know if there will be better buys to come. All we can do is work with what we have now, and there are plenty of people wanting to sell. Plenty of people are wanting to buy. Enquiry on this blog has doubled in the past three weeks and the search terms are mostly about how to find a good buy. If you want to know where a good buy is, talk to a trusted real estate agent. In this market as a seller they are going to be your best help and also for a seller a real estate agent will be helpful in so many ways. Its bridging that expectation gap which the agents do in order to meet everybody’s needs which is so important.
I have a very large social network online and am in constant contact with them. Today I conducted an experiment. On Twitter I asked a simple question. ‘What are your concerns going into 2009?’ 70% of the response I received was positive and about the opportunities that they see coming into play now. The other 30% were concerned about the financial pressures of life. Which person do you think is going to take action and prosper from it.
Take action. Don’t sit by and let things happen before you. If you have a problem, for example you need a job transfer somewhere and you need to sell the house, take action and sell it. Maybe consider a part swap of a possession somewhere else or something else to sweeten the deal to the buyer. These things will work and you will see the results. I believe the time of opportunity is near. But the opportunity is lost if your too late. Be in. Don’t be scared and think of the long term goal. If your purchasing a home today, tomorrow or in the near future good luck. There are some great buys out there for you to snap up and they arent a trick. This is for real. People lived lives a step above what they earnt and now are having to take the hit. This is the opportunities for you.