Events that have been cancelled include:
- Christchurch Holi-Festival of Colours, scheduled for 6 March
- Children’s Day in the Residential Red Zone, scheduled for 7 March
- Secondary Schools Waka Ama Champs, scheduled for 6 March
- Lazy Sundays, scheduled for 7 March
Events that have been postponed include:
- Armageddon Christchurch, scheduled for 6 and 7 March
- 2021 Bunnings National Touch Championships at Ngā Puna Wai, scheduled for 4 to 7 March.
- SVA Big Give 2021, scheduled for 6 March
- Memorial Cup, scheduled for 6 March
“The COVID-19 alert level change means that event organisers are having to re-think their plans and unfortunately postpone or cancel events that are likely to draw more than 100 people,’’ says Christchurch City Council Events and Arts Manager Tanya Cokojic.
“If you had plans to go to an event in the coming days, I recommend that you check in with the organisers to see whether it is still going ahead.’’