Do you want to have a quick sale and get as much for your property as you possibly can? In this market they both sound like farfetched goals. But with a little knowledge of what buyers want, and getting that right from day one as well as pricing competitively you should be able to achieve both these goals.
How can a buyer get interest for purchasing your house you might ask? Impression is the keyword. You just need to get your house ready to sell by doing some preparation so that the first impressions count. But you might be asking yourself how I do this. What things do the buyers look at? Well here are a few things that may help you to get your house ready.
· Beautify Your Exterior
The goal is to make your exterior look pretty and fresh to impress your buyer. The exterior becomes the first impression to the buyer when looking at your house. People can get a good impression on how you look after your house from looking at exterior and gardens. There are two sensory organs of a buyer you must impress. Those are eyes and nose. You can do this by bringing the garden to a homelike condition, making it look pretty and freshening it up. The steps you can do are:
– Get the grass, trees, flowers, and plants tidied and freshened up by mowing and watering it. Of your garden is cluttered or if you have large trees shading areas of the house consider trimming or taking them out.
– Clean up the curb and entering path and put the potted flower in the sides.
– Freshen up the smells by putting scented potpourri or having some potted plants with pleasant smells around the entrance to the property and the house.
– Clean up all of the windows, window sills, guttering and entering doors.
– Get rid of equipment and household junk/clutter and put it out of sight.
– Paint the walls if necessary and if the roof needs paint definitely do that.
· Make the Interior Cosy
After a buyer has got the feel of your house from the exterior they will go inside to have a look in there. You can do some simple work here to get the house feeling cosy and liveable. It aims to make a buyer feel homelike buy entering your house and make them feel at home. If a buyer can feel at home in your house they will probably buy it. These are some of the things you could do:
– Clean up the hard floors; scrub it if there are some bad spots.
– Get rid of spider webs from your ceilings and any fly much from any walls or light bulbs.
– Wash the carpets with a fragrant soap so that they look clean and newer.
– Get your furniture arranged tidily and gets rid of any unnecessary furniture so that your home feels bugger.
– Brush the closets and decluter them. Fold the linen and have coats hanging in some order.
– Clean the garage, basement, and attic. Make sure there are no foul smells and or dampness.
– Open your windows and clean them and the sills, it will bring freshness to your house inside
– If you have pets, bath them and clean any fabric material they may have come in contact with. Remember that we need to please the buyers nose as well.
– Put some fresh fragrance in the house, those plug in fragrance things are great.
– Some Repairing and replacement may be necessary. If there are some things that need to be repaired do them. You will know what they are, some of them are: cabinet handles, ceilings, ventilation filters, broken tiles in bathroom and kitchen, light fittings, wallpaper, some furniture and many other things that you could think of.
Last of all Get Your Friends’ Opinion
Assume some friends are like a buyer, and get some advice and suggestions to make your house get ready to sell. Your friends if they are honest with you will tell you how it is with your home. They may see things that you miss. As a home owner there are always things you will take for granted. They will be able to tell you of the things you may have not thought of. Consider also hiring someone to come in and set up professional furniture, i.e., stage your home.
Seek the advice of your local realtor. They will be able to then give you advice on any other things that you and your friends may have missed. Some of these things vary depending on location as buyers may have different reasons to buy in different areas. The other advice they can give you is an idea of where your property sits on the market in terms of price because as I said at the beginning the price is just as good as your presentation. The local knowledge that your local realtor holds is something that you should always listen to. Just remember that any advice they do give you is to try and get your house sold.
When it comes to selling your house if you aren’t going to do a makeover these tips will get your home ready for the market in about a month or so. Having your home looking its best in the condition it is in is all any buyer can ask.