These are the types of questions Power Up – a free careers advice and study expo, is seeking to answer for professionals, people returning to work, adult learners and those thinking about future career options.
Power Up, on 3 June from 12.30pm to 5.30pm at the Christchurch Town Hall, will feature a series of seminars and a large expo area with open access to industry and study experts who can provide tailored advice on career and/or study options.
Seminars will be delivered by industry experts addressing frequently raised topics including:
- Employer insights – what skills are needed now
- Returning to study – what to do and how to make the most of it
- How to change career direction
- Starting your own business – support available and key considerations
- Financial support for adult study
The expo area will include employer and industry representatives, tertiary study experts from Ara Institute of Canterbury, the University of Canterbury and Lincoln University, careers advisors from the Tertiary Education Commission and wellbeing and financial support services from the Ministry of Social Development and StudyLink.